Approximately 34 incidents of injury, including one death, have occured when small children swallow the small magnets included with the toy. If more than one magnet is swallowed, they can attract each other and cause intestinal perforations or blockages, which can be fatal.
Three children had intesinal perforations that needed surgery and intensive care and a five-year-old boy inhaled two magnets which had to be surgically removed from his lung.
The toys involved include the Magnetix X-treme Combo, Micro and Extreme sets. They contain 20 to 200 plastic building pieces and 20 to 100 small steel balls.
The toy was sold at Wal-Mart, Target, Roys R Us, Fred Meyer, Design Science Toys Ltd., A.C. Moore, etc. and were sold between September 2003 to March 2006 for $20 to $60 per set, depending on size.
Consumers should stop using the sets immediagely and return the sets to Rose Art for a free replacement product.
Contact Rose Art at 800-779-7122 or through their [Website]