Federal Emergency Management Agency

A class action suit has been filed against the organization on behalf of the victims of Hurricane Katrina living in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama. The case was filed in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana and claims FEMA violated and continues to violate Federal laws by failing to discharge its obligations as the federal agency chartered to care for victims of natural disasters.

Register your FEMA Complaint

If you were displaced by Hurricane Katrina, you may qualify for damages or remedies that may be awarded in a possible class action lawsuit. Please fill in our form on the right to submit your complaint and we will have a lawyer review your FEMA complaint.

At, it is our goal to keep you informed about important legal cases and settlements. We are dedicated to helping you resolve your legal complaints.


Reader Comments

Posted by

We had so much damage from hurricane Katrina and was only paid 2500 dollars. Now to say the least my roof material alone was 16000 dollars. Also we had a rental property that was destroyed. About 25 trees fell down. Fema came out but never got back to us.

Posted by

We lost 2 large trees, one of which hit the corner of our house causing our roof to leak in my home office. At the time I ran a home office for the company I was working for, all the computers in the office were destroyed and of course I lost my job. There was no power to my house for over 3 weeks and having 4 small children we ended up having to get a hotel, it was just too hot for camping out in the yard as we had originally planned on doing. I was told I was denied by FEMA because there was no damage to my house when the inspector came out, but no inspector ever showed up or they would have seen the tree on my house! This went on for several months until I gave up trying to get help from them.

Add Your Comment on This Issue

Please read our comment guidelines before posting.

Note: Your name will be published with your comment.

Your email will only be used if a response is needed.

Request Legal Help